Applications due: 15 November, 2012
InnerCHANGE Boston works among homeless youth and young adults (ages 14-30) in the Cambridge/Boston area. Our InnerCHANGE community serves homeless youth in Harvard Square and elsewhere in Boston as advocates, counselors, street pastors, and friends. Many of our young people struggle with past trauma, mental illness, and drug/alcohol addiction. The IC Boston community seeks to provide a healthy community where healing and hope can be found.
We also seek to develop a ministry of hospitality where street youth are regular guests in our homes. Additionally, because of the academic culture of Boston, this site seeks to be an active prophetic voice in churches and universities regarding incarnational ministry and God’s heart for the poor.
An apprentice with the Boston community will support the efforts of staff and spend much of his/her time in the Harvard Square area sitting on sidewalks building relationships and mentoring/discipling homeless youth.
Apprentices will also be expected to volunteer/collaborate with at least one church and/or homeless-youth serving agency as a way of integrating further into the community.
Note: Site visit required prior to applicant acceptance
- Age: 21+
- Spiritually and emotionally mature
- Willing to be mentored by community leaders and developed into increasing responsibility.
- Must love hospitality and be open to street youth staying in your home.
- Needs to have the ability to self manage and take initiative
- Comfortable moving between the worlds of street culture, church culture, and academic culture common to Boston/Cambridge.
- Experience working in a drug/street culture.
- Open to a low-threshold/harm reduction model of service.
- We would like someone who has a pastoral gifting and strong leadership qualities.
- Excited about community and shared living.
Click here to begin the application process.